For the 2018 season, the Velodrome will hire 1 or 2 interns. These can be paid positions and require 20 to 40 hours per week from May 1 thru October 31. Pay is between $10 to $15 per hour, depending on candidate’s experience. Candidate must have reliable transportation, ability to work with youth and adult populations and have a passion for cycling and/or youth development.
Preference is for candidates that can work the full 26 week season, however, those that are unable to work the full 26 weeks will still be considered. Must be able to work at least one weekend day per week.
Last season the velodrome hours of operation were as follows:
- Mon, Wed & Fri – 1pm to 8pm
- Tues & Thurs – 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 11am to 4pm.
We could tweak the hours a bit to accommodate this year’s interns.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Open and close the track per Track Schedule. Coordinate volunteer staffing. Supervise Open Riding sessions with help from volunteers.
- Become proficient in MindBody software for POS transactions, scheduling and tracking attendance.
- Assist with track cycling classes. Learn to lead track cycling classes.
- Coordinate new youth programs with Boys & Girls Club, University Settlement and others.
- Arrange school field trips with nearby middle and high schools.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board of Trustees and Committees. Attend Board meetings as needed. Work with Board committees to achieve their respective objectives.
- Assist in race and event promotion and event management. Score keeping and time keeping for race events. Post results to USA Cycling.
- Help implement marketing and sales strategies to increase membership and other revenue.
- Work on Phase 2 planning initiatives.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org